Stoelting F231 Soft Serve Ice Cream Machine: Operation Guide
Essential Guide for Operating Your Model F-231 Soft Serve Machine
Welcome to our step-by-step guide on operating your Model F-231 soft serve machine safely and efficiently. Ensure you're comfortable with the machine's controls and indicators before use to provide the best service for your customers.
Upon plugging in your machine, it will automatically turn on, but only the hopper will be powered initially. If you need to power down the entire machine at any point, simply press the main power button, and you'll see a status message on the screen.
Understanding the Controls
- Main Power Button: This activates the overall power to the machine, including the IntelliTec 2 control system, the freezing cylinder circuits, and the refrigeration system.
- Help Button: Press this whenever you need guidance; it provides information based on where you're at in the menu. A second press will take you back to the main screen.
- SEL and SET Buttons: These are primarily for technicians. The SEL button navigates through menu options, and the SET button confirms any adjustments to the machine's settings.
- Freezing Cylinder Power Buttons: These are labeled 'On/Off Left' and 'On/Off Right' and control each freezing cylinder independently.
- Push to Freeze/Clean Buttons: Start the serve mode or cleaning mode with these buttons accordingly.
- Arrow Buttons: Technicians use these to scroll through control readings and settings.
Dispense Rate Adjuster: Located right of the spigot handles under the header panel; turn it counterclockwise to reduce the flow of your soft serve.
Preparing Your Machine for Use
If you are looking for a basic soft serve mix for testing a soft serve machine, this basic frostline mix will work! Each bag makes ~ 8 quarts of mix, which is 2 gallons.
While it is recommend to use 2.5 gallons for each side, one of these bags should work fine for a mix test.
You can buy it on amazon HERE.
Before diving into service, you'll need a minimum of 2.5 gallons of your chosen mix and a container. Follow these steps:
Sanitize your machine as per your regular schedule.
1. Place a container below the spigot and open it to release around eight ounces of mix — this clears out any sanitizing solution.
2. Place a container below the spigot and open it to release around eight ounces of mix — this clears out any sanitizing solution.
3. Allow the freezing cylinder to fill halfway, then power it on and initiate the freeze.
Serving Your Soft Serve
When the display indicates 'Serve', you can open the spigot and enjoy dispensing your product. If you need to adjust the consistency, follow these steps:
1. Press the right arrow, then SEL to reach the password selection screen.
2. Use the arrows and SEL button to access the associate level access screen.
3. Find the consistency adjustment option, select the desired cylinder, and adjust the consistency with the arrow buttons and SET to save your settings.
4. Aim for increments of 5 for optimal results.
Maintain a reasonable draw rate. If the machine is overdrawn, you might end up with too soft a product or one that won't dispense.
If overdrawn, let the machine run for 30 seconds before trying to dispense again.
Adjust the dispense rate using the adjuster under the header panel as needed.
Never operate the machine with a 'Mix Low' message; refill immediately.
The machine will enter sleep mode after certain cycles to keep the product cool; however, this does not replace the need for regular cleaning and sanitizing, which should be done as per the guidelines set by the relevant health authorities.
For a more comprehensive understanding of your Model F-231 soft serve machine and its capabilities, visit our e-store at freezerplanet.com or give us a call at 877-817-5716. Here, you can find additional resources, support, and tips to keep your machine running at its best.
By adhering to these guidelines, you'll ensure your soft serve machine operates safely and delivers high-quality, delicious treats time and time again. Enjoy your serving journey!